I've been working on a Mage spell power control deck for a little while now. There are lots of variants of this out there, but I think that this is more consistent than most; I have more minions and fewer spells than some would advise, but this just allows the spells we do have to be more effective, and gives us some decent card draw. Currently I'm sitting at an 80% win-rate in 3-star-masters with about 30 games played.
The deck itself can be found here.
A few notes:
- It's really all about patience and efficiency. If you waste your powerful board clears you're going to have a bad time.
- Don't be scared to use your direct damage spells on minions. If you're keeping the board clear then you can deal damage with your minions instead.
- You can substitute Ethereal Arcanist for Sylvanas if you don't have her - both work pretty well, actually, though the Arcanist is more of a risk.
- You can win pretty fast if you get lucky with the draw, but don't make that your priority. Knowing when to switch from clearing to direct damage is half the skill of this deck.
- While hardly a budget deck (two legendaries), it's not actually that expensive as most of the cards are basic, and you can substitute the rares and epics without really damaging the deck that much. This makes it suitable for beginners as well as veterans.
- On a similar note I think it accommodates a wide range of abilities - you can get decent results even if you're terrible, but as you get better it gets progressively more powerful.
If you have any questions or comments drop them below rather than on the video - the way YT is at the moment I certainly won't be seeing them there.